For over 10 years, the desire to share, inform, and promote the electronic music scene has led PS to develop various web projects: a forum dedicated to computer-assisted music (M.A.O.), a collaborative webzine, podcasts, live streaming, reports, etc.
With this passion for all kinds of electronic loops, PS now aspires to expand its activities around music and artistic production and publishing.
The project is driven by a simple goal: to support artists so that they can fully focus on their creation, for the greater pleasure of our eyes and ears.
Launched in May 2010 Produc’Sounds was designed as a web portal dedicated to teknoïde culture and electronic music. With the help of its volunteer team, the project aimed at promoting free techno music, computer-assisted music, and live performing.
Quickly, PS evolved to give the floor to the actors of electronic culture by becoming a true collaborative webzine, hosting hundreds of articles, opinion pieces, and press reviews, as well as live streaming music events, podcasts, and more : a showcase for creations, ideas, and opinions, aiming to centralize information and bringing together the various players involved.
The changes that the web has undergone in the past decade and the way in which it is consumed have led us to evolve PS. Faced with the decline of a collaborative model imposed by the predominance of social networks, the Webzine has gradually become a very small part of the activity at the expense of other areas of work.
Meetings and various projects have also led us to realize that often, peripheral tasks to artistic creation (communication and management of social networks, branding, uploading and distribution of works, relations with distributors, content publishers and Collective Management Organizations, etc.) encroach on the time and energy that should be dedicated to the creation itself.
Over the past two years, we have been wondering about the future of the project, its model, and what it could bring to creators in the electronic scene. What emerged from this (too) long brainstorming? A desire to push the project further into artistic production and publishing.
The project is driven by a simple objective: to support artists so that they can focus on the essential, creation.
To do so, PS aims over the years to :
- (To) Carry out various actions in terms of music production, editing, and distribution through its label;
- Develop the programming of the Web TV through new live streaming, musical and thematic podcasts, etc.;
- Develop projects by bringing together various actors (musical, video, graphics, etc.) in synergy.
- Ensure the interface between artists or groups of artists and various third-party stakeholders (OGC, platforms such as YouTube, Spotify, etc.);
- Manage catalogs of works on behalf of independent artists and artist collectives.
- Remain open to all projects proposed by the actors!